For the human body to be fit and healthy, it needs things like a balanced diet, a good amount of exercise and rest. Being a couch potato and spending hours watching TV or on social media can be detrimental to one’s health. Trying to be fit and healthy can seem like a chore however, there are a few tips you can follow that will make you feel as fresh as a daisy again. Let’s look at 10 of them below.
- Look after your gums and teeth: First health tip is to look after your teeth and gums. From a very early age, whether it is from our parents, teachers or doctors, we are always encouraged to brush and floss our teeth two times a day without fail. This has so many health benefits because you are removing bacteria that cause gum disease, plaque, and food that is stuck between your teeth and keeping your breath fresh. Good oral hygiene says a lot of the person you are and creates a good first impression when people meet you for the first time. Bad oral hygiene can make people raise questions on how serious you take your health.
- Get enough sleep: This second tip comes as no surprise at all and it is highly recommended. Sleep is something that many people underestimate its importance. Sleep deprivation is a condition that is common in people who do not give their body the rest it deserves to fully function. When your body gets the minimum 6 hours of sleep per day it deserves, you will feel healthier and feel great every single morning. You will not walk around like a zombie because lack of sleep can make you tired, cranky and moody. This last thing you want especially if you have a busy day because your body will shut down due to low energy levels and lack of rest.
How to Sleep Well When Everything is Going Wrong
Reflexology For Insomnia
- Drink less booze or alcohol: While there is nothing wrong with the odd alcoholic drink here and there to catch up with friends on a night out or during a meal at home, excessive drinking is very bad for your liver long term. Our liver is a very important organ because it is part of the digestive system. Any damage to it can bring about serious health problems like diabetes. Too much alcohol also damages our brain cells if we keep having hangovers. To avoid damaging your liver and brain cells, watch your alcohol intake and if you want a drink, just make sure you drink sensibly.
- Make sure you have your 5 a day: You have to make it your aim to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg each day. Reaching your recommended 5 a day is very easy, all you have to do is add some fruits to your bowl of morning cereal and add some salads, tomatoes or even mushrooms to things like omelets. Mixing fruits and vegetables to your diet is enough to ensure you get your 5 a day.
- Take some CBD oil: If you are a person that is suffering from aches and pains, CBD oil is a wonderful health supplement that will make you feel good again. It is not an illegal substance because it doesn’t contain banned a substance called THC. THC is banned because it is a product that makes you high but CBD on the other side is a nice alternative to traditional capsules and tablets plus it gives your body a boost.
- Pay close attention to the fluids you drink: You should always aim to drink between 6-8 glasses of fluids per day. Things like drinks that are sugar-free, milk with less fat, coffee, hot chocolate, milkshakes, and water all count as fluids you should be taking daily.
- Get some sun: A lot of people out there don’t know how important sunlight is to us. When the weather is gloomy, we often feel low, depressed and even sad. Sunlight, on the other hand, changes that because it is a source of vitamin D and helps you be in a good mood by stimulating the brain. When the sun is out, use it to exercise to give your body an extra energy boost through physical activity. Despite this benefit, it is important to be very cautious when it is really too hot. Protect your skin by buying good quality sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV sun rays.
- Do things that give you the most joy: As far as your emotional wellbeing goes, you need to do things that give you the most joy and make you happy as often as possible. Small things like catching up with friends for coffee or dinner, a relaxing bath, dancing, cooking, watching your favorite sports go a long way in making you feel good again. Avoid doing things that only give you short term gratification but make you feel bad later on like binge eating junk food or drinking alcohol.
Finding Yourself a Hobby
Gardening for dummies – Everything you wanted to know but were too afraid to ask
- Don’t stress yourself: When you are feeling stressed, your body is known to release a chemical known as cortisol. While releasing this chemical in small amounts is actually good for you, when it sticks around for an extended period of time, it can too more harm than good. A lot of cortisol makes you crave junk food, weakens your immune system and even damage some of your brain cells which can return to memory loss. For the sake of your health, manage your stress levels by having more time to yourself and doing things you love. This is better than sitting around at home piling on the pounds, being forgetful and making yourself sick.
HOW TO CREATE A HOME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR WELL-BEING AND REDUCES STRESS
- Add fish as part of your diet: The last health tip on this list is adding fish to your diet. While beef and chicken are a favorite for many people, fish is very important too. Eating at least 2 portions of fish a week from things like salmon, tuna and trout is a great source of vitamins, minerals, and proteins.